Energy booster, calorie burner, and detoxifier all in one!
Matcha, is green tea leaves that are ground into a powder. Everyone is aware of the unique health benefits of green tea. But just drinking the tea brewed from the leaves only gives you a small amount of matchas full benefit. A single serving of matcha contains the equivalent of 10 glasses of brewed green tea in nutritional and antioxidant value!
Matcha is packed with exponentially more antioxidants according to the latest research. Using the testing method known as ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity), experts at Tufts University discovered that matcha possesses twenty times more antioxidants than pomegranates or blueberries. Matchas ORAC rating is 1300 units per gram, compared to pomegranates 105 units per gram or blueberries 91 units.
Matcha contains many benefits:
- Packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- A unique, potent class of antioxidant known as catechins, which are not found in other foods. EGCg has potent cancer-fighting properties as well as counteracts the effects of free radicals from pollution, UV rays, radiation, and chemicals, which can lead to cell and DNA damage. Over 60% of the catechins in matcha are EGCg.
- Boosts metabolism, burns calories and detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Matcha is nearly calorie free, and does not put any stress on the body. Matcha helps to safely cleanse and purge the body of harmful elements. Matcha is rich in chlorophyll, the component that gives plants their signature green color. It is a powerful detoxifier, helping to eliminate both chemicals and heavy metals from the body.
- Calms and relaxes, as well as enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Matcha is rich in L-Theanine, an amino acid that promotes a state of relaxation and well-being by affecting the way the brain functions. While stress can induce beta waves, an excited/agitated state, L-Theanine creates alpha waves, which lead to a state of relaxed alertness. Matcha contains up to five times more L-Theanine than other teas. L-Theanine promotes memory, learning, concentration, and clarity of the mind, while inhibiting the side-effects from caffeine, a natural component of green tea.
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Fights against viruses and bacteria
- Is rich in fiber
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Does not raise insulin levels, blood pressure, or heart rate
Matcha can be added to ice cream, smoothies, and even baked goods! Click on the links below for some recipes!