Here is the last, but certainly not least, postural exercise to ward off the dreaded Forward Head & Shoulders posture.
Brugger’s posture not only strengthens your muscles, it promotes stability, and relaxes the tight muscles that is caused by postural stress as well.
1. Sit with your butt at the edge of a chair.
2. Spread your legs apart slightly.
3. Turn your toes out slightly.
4. Tilt your pelvis forward & Iift your chest up, thus increasing the curve of your lower back.
5. Straighten your neck by bringing your chin back (giving you the attractive double chin that you’ve always wanted).
6. Turn the palms of your hands forward.
7. Straighten and extend your arms.
You can hold this position for 10 seconds at a time, or do several repetitions.
This can be done using a resistance band or even sitting on an exercise ball to make it more difficult.
*You should always consult your health practitioner (Chiropractor, Physical Therapist, etc.) before adding new activities, to decrease the risk of injury.